GRAPE is looking for part-time research assistants
We intend to hire up to four part-time research assistants for our three new projects:
- INFERENCE↗ led by Marek Weretka↗ [modeling unpredictable economic policy]
- WEALTH↗ led by Krzysztof Makarski↗ [effects of aging on wealth inequality]
- FlexIN↗ led by Joanna Tyrowicz↗ [working time flexibility and labor market inequality]
Requirements: Good command of English is a prerequisite. We welcome applications from candidates who have interest in applied and quantitative economics. In particular, we value:
- interest in computational macroeconomic models, prior experience is welcomed but not required, strong background in mathematics is expected, knowledge of Matlab/Fortran/Mathematica is an advantage [for INFERENCE and WEALTH];
- interest in empirical analyses and labor market issues, prior microeconometric experience is appreciated but not a prerequisite, knowledge of STATA/R is an advantage [for FlexIN].
The projects are financed by the National Science Center, hence candidates must be enrolled in MA or PhD program.
Tasks: The assistants will be responsible for coding, data management, and data analysis. In addition assistants are expected to review relevant literature as well as to actively participate in writing scientific articles and non-technical posts for the GRAPE blog. Each project will yield 2-3 journal articles, some of which may be co-authored by the assistants.
Conditions: We offer a scholarship (“stypendium"). The compensation differs between projects and ranges between 2000 PLN and 3000 PLN per month in net terms for a part-time position. The expected contract duration will be between 2 and 3 years (depending on the project, cooperation may be extended, subject to obtaining new funding). The assistant will also be able to use the office facilities for work not directly related to the project. The work load of about 20 hours per week is expected. The working hours are rather flexible and task-oriented. However, the assistant is required to meet with the project team on a regular basis. Inclusion of parts of the research in PhD/MA thesis is possible.
About us: GRAPE currently ranks 12th top economic institute↗ in Poland. We have connections to the leading European and American research centers. We are located in the center of Warsaw. All assistants have a designated workplace with access to a computer, printers, office supplies as well as a social space. We offer a friendly and stimulating work environment among young researchers. We regularly host seminars, which give opportunity to learn and share in a kind yet motivating atmosphere.
Application: Applicants should send us their curriculum vitae, along with a cover letter and a sample of your recent writing (e.g. essay, assignment). Candidates may apply for more than one project, but should mark the project(s) clearly in their application. Applications should be sent before September 15th, 2018 to email@example.com. We retain the right not to reply to all applications.